DuCard reopening – Phase 1
As of May 30, the DuCard tasting room lawns and ope-air tent are now open to the public, with new health and safety policies and procedures in place.
Other ways you can continue to get DuCard wine (ongoing)
Curbside / To go ordering continues, daily from 3-6
Free local delivery / UPS shipping on orders of 6+ bottles
Details of DuCard operations
Our goal is provide a safe, relaxing and uncrowded wine experience in our gorgeous setting, with outstanding wines, our hallmark customer service and a unique vibe – in these challenging times just as we do anytime
- Open weekdays 3-6 and weekends 12-6 – with strict capacity limits.
- Reservations available on line, and highly recommended (details below).
- All seating will be outside and under our tent, at tables, socially distanced – inside areas are for ordering and bathrooms only. Customers can bring their own tents, subject to approval and placement by DuCard.
- FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED for customers at all times indoors and while traveling around the property (except when seated at tables).
- Strict adherence to social distancing is required.
- 6 people maximum per group. Tables may not be moved.
- We will continue to support local music, with a variety of local artists performing on Saturday afternoons in a mellow way that enhances your overall experience.
- In the event of rain during your visit, you will not be allowed to congregate inside due to social distancing requirements, and can either ‘wait it out’ outside or return to your vehicle.
- Wine tastings and flights will not be offered. Bottle sales only.
- Customers can purchase additional bottles, or bottles to take home after their visit (thank you), either from staff who will be available outdoors, or by returning to the tasting room, following the one way traffic flow that is in place.
- Customers are welcome to bring picnics and outside food. A limited selection of prepackaged snacks will be available for purchase at DuCard.
- Children and pets are permitted but must stay at tables, and not interact with other customers or tables (Note: can use designated open lawn area, under full control of parents and distancing).
- We will start a credit card ‘tab” upon your arrival, for ease of checkout, with no contact procedures.
Details of our Reservations Program
- On line reservations for two hour time blocks will be available and encouraged, especially for Saturdays, through ducardvineyards.com/reservations – this is the way to ensure we can accommodate you.
- Wine Club Members can submit on-line form or just contact us directly to reserve your table, and you will receive priority access either way.
- No fee for reservations and no ‘minimum’ charges for customers. In fairness, “no shows” will not be permitted to make future reservations.
- Some limited walk-up capacity will be retained, but if we are already full you will not be able to join us, we will be happy to pack a ‘to go’ order for you.
- Note that 2 PM and 4 PM reservations will include one full set of music from performers scheduled that day (check website).
Health and Safety Policies and Procedures for Guests and Staff
- No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19 or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days is permitted to enter. Customers will be asked to acknowledge this requirement prior to entering our facilities.
- By entering our property, customers voluntarily accept the risks associated with potential COVID-19 disease transmission, notwithstanding our use of health and safety protocols specified by the Governor of Virginia and the CDC, and release, discharge and waive all liability from DuCard and covenants not to sue relating to COVID-19 related issues.
- DuCard reserves the right to refuse service to anyone based on potential disease status, or to terminate service to anyone not complying with all health and safety requirements and procedures in place at DuCard.
- For anyone not meeting required standards, we will be happy to pack up a wine order to go.
- All DuCard staff are subject to daily health screening (temperate and self-assessment questionnaire).
- Face masks are required for all staff.
- Gloves will be used when handling bottles, corks and glasses.
- Enhanced sanitation is in place– we will be cleaning tasting room and bathrooms on an hourly basis, and cleaning at tables in between customers, using single-use gloves (handled appropriately upon disposal), plus extensive hand washing.
- Customer transactions will not require signatures and your credit card will be sanitized upon handing it back to you.
- Hand washing station and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Additional bathroom capacity will be provided (port-a- john) to relieve any congestion for bathrooms in the tasting room.
- Please assist our cleaning protocols by bussing your own tables – trash cans and wine glass wash racks in place on patio and as you leave.
- We ask for your patience and understanding as we strive to serve you well during this period.